I wanted to give the impression of being high up with the water below. I wasn’t too happy with the flat blue green in the first version so I painted a bluegreen in watercolour and scanned it in to give a more interesting background. The diver was originally in a black outline but it made him too prominent so I used a grey instead. Originally the letters “Aqua” were enclosed in brown rectangle but I moved it, by accident and thought it worked well without it.
I had the most fun with this. I felt the water colour background from version2 had printed too pale so I scanned a midtone bluegreen piece of paper to use instead. After a critique I redrew the flippers which were ambiguous and added a bit more leg.