Home


This was the section I really enjoyed. I decided to make a model bedroom. My ideas evolved during the making process, some ideas being easier to put into action than others.

I looked on-line and found some You tube videos on model making and theatre set making. I used Illustration board for the walls. Initially I had 3 walls but when I tried photographing it, it became obvious that 3 walls were too closed in and I got rid of one. I made the model person out of Fimo which I then sprayed with colour. This gave a very shiny surface which I wasn’t expecting.

I experimented with various forms of lighting, using torches but in the end made the illustration out of quite a flat photograph in order to show all the different features. I did wonder about making more of a narrative out of the illustration, with a series of photos but as I had already spent a long time making the model I decided to leave it. As this was described in the brief as to give a teenager an idea of life in the era, I added explainatory text with arrows. In my first version I felt the image was too small and also cluttered. I changed the background colour and took out the arrows, moving the text onto the image and using less text.

close up, before painting

close up, before painting

using spotlight

using spotlight

An early version

An early version

final image

final image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s