Home

My initial ideas were very much based on a scene involving fruit and veg, so for a while I was thinking about backgrounds and set ups. I bought felt and tissue paper in brown, green and blue, thinking about earth, grass and leaves. I also spent quite a lot of time thinking about what materials to make the models out of, thinking about the texture of the skins: smooth/glossy/ridged/matt/rough/soft/firm etc.

I decided to continue making the models with modelling clay, fabric was a possibility but I felt it would take me too long.

 

I made the vegetables out of modelling clay and after quite a lot of trial and error settled on an orange background and only 2 pieces, the blackberry and the squash. I had some leaves originally but the image worked better the simpler it was.modelsarmatures autumnfruit1

 

Things I learnt from this:

The faces were the most crucial area in order to make the image look appealing and cute. Even after I got the set up right the faces required a lot of going back over. One consequence of this was that the plasticene got dirty and pushed out of shape, it was easy to transfer colour by accident.

autumn fruit&Vegfinal

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s