Home

IDEAS:museum 4museum 5museum 6

Chosen images:

I thought of some images I could work with, then mindful of my tutors comments that I move too quickly to my final solution I experimented with 3 different methods of producing images.

I experimented with wax on fabric, mono printing and printing using polystyrene blocks.

I wanted to produce a “family” of images which made it more difficult as I wanted to produce a “light” image for the young children and a “darker” one for teenagers.

I used images of a Davy Lamp, a pit pony, a canary, pithead winding gear and a miner’s token or chip.

The polystyrene was the hardest to produce an image on although I liked the background speckled effect. The mono prints were hard to control, I liked the various background effects but they were almost too random to work with. In the end I decided I liked the wax effect with staining using black and yellow inks best.

monoprint

monoprint

monoprint

monoprint

monoprint

monoprint

print on polystyrene

print on polystyrene

print on polystyrene

print on polystyrene

print on polystyrene

print on polystyrene

wax/stain

wax/stain

wax/stain

wax/stain

wax / stain

wax / stain

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s